Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2001 Dodge durango oil pressure and evap...
2001 Dodge durango oil pressure and evap issue

2013 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-11-18 02:23:27

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    seprico62291
    2016-11-18 01:15:12
     Customer has 2001 dodge durango 4.7 which I know are good for sludge build up. Customer added marvel mystery oil and "Drove it like they stole it" Which didnt correct anything. It still has slight ticking for first 5 minutes of running. Even after I replaced all of the lifters. Also oil pressure start just below H and never drops below 3/4. And codes comes up for medium and small evap leak. Ive done all leaks tests I can think of to no avail. Vehicle also randomly after starting has no or very little power in Drive. Customer tows a small 8X12 trailer that doesn't have much weight in it. But sometimes requires bringing the RPMs to over 2000 to begin moving. Other times vehicle will begin moving immediatley in drive with no throttle. Any ideas?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-11-18 02:23:27 (Reply to:seprico62291)

You need a smoke machine with the little thing that shows the amount of flow/ leakage. Sometimes a spray bottle with soap around where the fuel pump lock ring will also bubbling around a hairline crack in plastic fuel pump assembly.
       Check the oil pressure with a real gauge and switch to a full synthetic oil of the correct viscosity and change the oil filter repeatedly as it tends to loads up quick with crud freed of from the Marvel oil and also synthetic oil superior cleaning abilities.
      Transmission might have some issue with converter drain back after sitting awhile .
  Total1 Pages